A Sacred Feminine practice in awakening.
Registration opens August 3rd, 2020
Welcome to Kundalini Dance 2020
Course runs September 3- October 28th, 2020
Location: Presence Studio, tentatively Wednesdays 5:30-7pm
Rate: sliding scale $150-$225
Yes, it’s covid season still. Presence studio is huge and I am limiting the amount of participants to 10. We will wear masks upon entering the building, talking and while in circle time. Temperature checks will occur upon arrival and sanitzation protocols will be diligently practiced. Upon enrolling in the course, Covid guidelines will be sent to you! If you have more questions, please contact me.
What to expect from this course:
This course runs 8 weeks including a free intro class on September 3rd.
There are 3 parts to this course:
- An emailed chakra teaching to prepare you before the dance. It’s important to read over and have time to reflect on the energy of each chakra so that you can sink in to your inner work and intention for each ceremony.
- In person, chakra teaching, sharing circle and kundalini dance practice . In class, we open with discussion and sharing – a time to drop into our group and gain intimacy and learn through council.
- An emailed wild nature + soulcraft™ practice that serves to create a bond between you and the power flows of nature as well as an experience to open your senses to your sacred feminine nature: intuitive, imaginative and visionary ways of receiving information.
9/2: Intro Class
9/9: Root chakra: welcoming trust, releasing fear
9/16: Sacral chakra: welcoming creatrix energy/ sexuality, releasing shame
9/23: Solar plexus: welcoming power, releasing low self-worth
9/30: Heart: welcoming self-love, offering forgiveness
10/7: Throat: welcoming voice, releasing suppression
10/14: Third eye: welcoming vision, releasing old stories
10/21: Crown: welcoming spiritual connection, releasing isolation
Themes for the 2020 Fall Series
Fall 2020 Seasonal Attunement
In alignment with the seasons, the autumn course has a deeper focus on release, purification and refinement. Just as the leaves fall from the trees, we mirror this letting go of the warmth and abundance of summer, transitioning within ourselves to go deeper inside, to begin conserving energy and resources for the winter ahead. This is both a psychological and energetic transition. We will be working with all the elements, with an emphasis on the earth and metal elements that correspond to this time of year.
Befriending the Darkness
The practice of going into the dark – as we do each night when we sleep as well as each fall as the light wanes – is an energetic reality perhaps aligned with the notion that we are entering a darker time on the planet, the crises growing each day in number and severity. We are being asked to embrace the unknown, but I believe we are also being called to the dark night of the soul of the world. It is the darkness that is the great fuel, another old friend, that harkens us to find the light. I am devoting this year’s kundalini dance series to the seeking, remembering and calling home of our own soul’s light – the genius and power within each of us. If we can find some light within us, we will not lose our way, we’ll always be able to find our center and know our truth. When we are in our truth, we activate our bullshit detector and we become armed with our own compass.
Immunity + Emotional Wellbeing
We will also focus on Immune System Health + Psycho-emotional wellbeing. This practice supports you to get to the root of imbalances that undermine our overall immunity as well as feed the the fear-based and trauma-based beliefs that live in our cells, tissues, nervous system, DNA and energy body. We can access all that we need for healing through our energy body. Intuition is our ancient sultry friend who is gifted with reading subtle energy. When we cast off the fog, numbness, and toxic layers, we can deepen into our sacred feminine, intuitive nature and our elemental resiliency.
What is Kundalini Dance?
Kundalini Dance is ecstatic dance meets tantric breathwork meets shamanic healing. A ceremonial space for soul- level transformation where you gain tools for cleansing your energy body, nervous system and emotional body + energetic activation of your innate powers, gifts, and resources.
“Ecstasy is a transformational force, which can vibrate all of our cells into resonance with the Universal field. All our behavioural blueprints are encoded in the physical body, in the DNA and RNA of all the cells in our body. We can shift our unconscious fear-based behavioural patterns by embodying states of higher consciousness and emotion that are in harmony with the Universal field. These states are compassion, love, ecstasy and joy. Fear cannot exist in a body that is vibrating ecstatically. It only knows union. This is the transformational alchemy of ecstasy.” ~ Leyolah Antara, Founder and Master Teacher of Kundalini Dance
- We apply dance, breathwork, sound, qigong, visualization and energy healing as tools for transformation, purification and spiritual activation.
- This dance can be explored as a spiritual practice as well as a transpersonal and transformational healing modality. Inner work, self-healing and your soul path blend into one.
- Kundalini Dance is an ancient, future, tantric shamanic dance practice that blends the Ancient Egyptian and Cross-Cultural Mystery teachings as a healing path that also serves to awaken one’s innate healing gifts, intuitive capacities and other higher states of love and power
- The Chakras are ancient mappings of the energy body that act as portals into our physical body, psyche and soul.
- By opening the chakras through dance, shaking, breathwork, sound and shamanic practices, we are able to clear energy blocks, release and purify the repressed, denied emotional patterns, unresolved developmental issues and karmic patterns that are encoded there.
- We can think of the chakras as memory banks. These memory banks also contain our soul codes and the constellations of highest soul purpose in this lifetime.
- By opening ourselves to the flows of Life Force (Shakti, Qi, Prana), we open to becoming deeply sourced in the vast vitality of Gaia and Cosmos.
- We are learning what it means to be truly Sovereign, able to be self-sourced and Divinely Sourced while simulatanesously emobdy the knowing in every cell the interconnection and interdependence of all things. When we are plugged in and when we are rooted, we are unstoppable.
Here are some reasons why I facilitate Kundalini Dance & how it can support you in your life journey ~
Healing in community
The healing energy we have access to is stronger and more powerful when we come together with intention. Something different happens when we do healing in a group or as a community- there is a richness and level of support that just can’t be accessed through 1:1 healing work.
Catalyze your healing process
By opening the chakras through dance, shaking, breathwork, sound and shamanic practices, we are able to clear energy blocks, release and purify the repressed, denied emotional patterns, unresolved developmental issues and karmic patterns that are encoded there.
Break Ancestral patterns & resource with your Bright and Well Ancestors
Our present moment challenges, pain, disconnection, trauma, disease are directly and indirectly connected to the DNA/epigenetics we carry and the behavioral patterns attached. Alchemical and shamanic healing have the power to alter our relationship with the past, on epigenetic, energetic, psychological, and spiritual levels.
Cultivate your life force energy: Shakti/Qi/Prana
Attune your awareness to your energy body to regain and maintain health. These practices stream from the Ancient Feminine Mysteries, qigong and shamanic healing. These are practices you can incorporate into your self-care healthcare.
Tap into deep resources of creativity
This includes practices for grounding, centering, and clearing, as well as tapping into our sexual energy, passion, desires, devotion and deep soul longings. I believe that at this time healing our sexuality is a big part of our inner work. Both men and women, we have generations of oppression, suppression, abuse, and trauma to clear. We have cultural norms and expectations to slough off and we have multiple cords of power to pull back into ourselves and reclaim.
Gently and easefully transmute trauma and pain
In the Kundalini Dance sessions, we are in a ritual space where we have access to a heightened vibration that is most conducive for healing. We work with the spirit realm, power animals, and ancestors for support and activation. This is an EMBODIMENT practice where we truly come into our body and use our power of the “inner witness” to fully hold anything that comes up for us. We learn how to access naturally heightened/altered states of consciousness in order to let go and shapeshift trauma through our conscious dance, shaking, breathwork, sounding and visualization.
Learn how to cultivate ecstatic states in your body and why it’s important
When we feel ecstatic states, we set off a cascade of neurotransmitters and endorphins as well as imprinting a higher vibrational energy pattern into our body. We create new neural pathways based in harmony, pleasure, love, joy and access new levels of soul satiation. When we cultivate an embodied knowing of these higher ecstatic states over time, the lower fear-based beliefs, emotions and energy patterns can no longer hang out in that matrix. We use a blend of tantric and shamanic practice plus good ole physical exertion to achieve ecstatic states together. I hope to teach this so that you can take it wherever you go and have it forever in your life’s medicine bag – for your own self-care healthcare.
Kundalini dance can support you in cultivating:
Joy Love Vitality Authenticity Integrity Strength Courage Playfulness Nourishment Rooting Direction Your Soul Codes Forgiveness Healthy sexuality Balanced inner feminine and masculine Inner warrior Vision Inner creatix Manifestation Power Intuition Softness Healthier relationships Grounding Opening Voice Heart Guidance Belonging Connection Ecstasy Inner Peace